A veneer is a thin layer material placed on a tooth either to improve aesthetics of a tooth or to protect damage to a tooth’s surface.
Type of Veneer
Composite veneers offer many of the same rejuvenation benefits as porcelain veneers, including the concealment of cracks, chips, gaps, and discoloration. These lower-cost veneers can allow you to achieve a beautiful smile that also fits comfortably within your budget; however, composite veneers may not last quite as long as traditional porcelain veneers due to the differences between the two materials. In most cases, composite veneers require either minimal tooth preparation or no tooth preparation at all, preserving your natural tooth structure while also delivering natural-looking results.
Porcelain veneers are composed of a durable, high-quality ceramic material that can be matched to the shade of your surrounding teeth for a natural look. This common cosmetic dentistry procedure uses veneers that can be individually customized for your teeth, achieving the best possible fit as well as a beautiful appearance. The hand-layered porcelain has a dynamic quality that catches light just like the enamel of a natural tooth. Porcelain veneers are often considered a minimal-prep procedure, preserving the majority of your existing tooth structure while achieving long-lasting smile rejuvenation.
1) Direct Method
A Composite Material is mostly placed on the tooth surface directly.
- Treatment can be done in single visit
- Less expensive than indirect method
- Quite difficult to increase tooth length
- Surface texture is less beautiful than indirect method
- Less strength in wide gap closure case
- Difficult to achieve perfect gum margin
2) Indirect Method
A Dental Porcelain will be sent to a laboratory to fabricate porcelain piece before returning to put into patients’ teeth.
- Stronger than composite materials
- Better surface texture
- Color longer lasting than composite materials
- Able to increase tooth length
- Treatment requires at least 2 visits
- Not recommended in Bruxism case
3-7days for 6-8 veneer in one arch
1) IPS Empress esthetic
2) Empress emax